Here goes my podcast, which is far from perfect. I used MS PowerPoint for creating the slides and did my recording on Audacity. I then spent hours synchronizing the slides with my audio narrative. But after the conversion (ppt to.wmv) process, I realized that the converter I was using does not preserve the original timings of the ppt. Finally, I downloaded a trial version of a more powerful converter with the result that all my slides are now stamped.
My podcast is on Calcutta - the city where I grew up. I mentioned Calcutta several times in my Hompage. So, in your feedback some of you commented that you would like to learn more about Calcutta. That this how I came up with the idea of doing a podcast on Calcutta. I intend to publish a cleaner version of the podcast on my Homepage.
Sharba
Monday, March 30, 2009
Calcutta Podcast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sharba,
This is a fascinating way to show your hometown, through postcards. I really like it as a theme. Maybe you could develop your audio more in that sort of format, too, recounting little stories such as: Here's such and such a place. As a child, I used to play in the fountain there, blah, blah, etc., etc., And then sign each slide with a "Wish you were here" of some sort (that may be corny, but it's what I thought of). I know there is a lot to show here, but the pace of this piece was so fast, I felt like I missed a lot of interesting detail on the first time through. I like a quick pace, too, and the energy. In this case, though, like a travelogue, I'd like to linger in some of the spots, and maybe to hear more of your insights about the place. It's all very interesting. Thanks for sharing it all,
- Brett
Post a Comment